As November comes to a close, I am excited to share with you the Blueberry School “Did You Know”? list for the past month.
Did You Know?
- Students in grade 9 got a small taste of the world of work as they participated in the Take Our Kid To Work day in early November.
- Our teachers recognize the ability of technology to support our students as 21st Century learners. As such, we recently had the PSD Division Principal in to work with us on using technology to support student learning and achievement. We are all learners!
- The Blueberry School Remembrance Day was extremely well done again this year with guest speakers, presentations from our choir, a touching video created by our students, and a very respectful student, parent and community audience.
- Parents and community members are always welcome in our school! Recently we were fortunate to have a parent lead a Tae Kwon Do lesson for some of our grade 5 students, in addition to another parent leading an electricity activity for other students in grade 5.
- That the Blaze volleyball teams had another amazing season. Not only did they represent our school and community with pride and respect, the Jr. Boys were crowned champions in the Association Division and the Sr. Boys placed second in the Association Division.
- At Blueberry School we recognize the need to be innovative in our communication between home and school. While we still have conferences, meetings, phone calls and emails, teachers are now using tools such as Remind 101 to touch base with home as well as our recently created Blueberry School Facebook Page and our Blueberry School Twitter feed.
- That we are all so proud of our students, staff and community for the amazing support that they have shown to Dane Womacks and his family through their bake sales and room makeover.
We are looking forward to another great month of learning and celebrating in December.
Principal, Blueberry School