Another school year is upon us and with it comes much excitement… and many questions 🙂
We are excited to welcome so many new students and families to the Woodhaven learning community again this year. With all the arrival of so many new students within our school, I would like to share with our new families, and perhaps remind our current ones of a few helpful features within our learning community that will help make your middle school experience just a bit more easier.
- Communication through technology!
At Woodhaven Middle School we are committed to keeping our families informed of what’s happening in our school. You can connect with us in so many ways, a few of which are listed below.
- The Woodhaven Middle School Website – here you can find everything from staff contact information to daily announcements. Yup you heard me correctly. We post our announcements for the day on our website. It’s a great way to keep connected with what’s happening!
- The Woodhaven Middle School Facebook Page – updates on what’s going on with the Pack!
- Follow us on Twitter too!
- Check out the Physical Education Blog – updates on PE activities, extra curricular sports teams
- Ask your child’s teacher how they intend to communicate with you throughout the school year.
Definitely do not hesitate to call us or to arrange an appointment. Nothing takes the place of sitting down and talking about our kids together!
2. Not quite 7-11.
While we aren’t exactly open 24 hours, access to our school is available after school until approximately 6 p.m. on most nights as we have sports happening in our gym daily! Don’t let your middle schooler tell you (s)he forgot his homework!
3. School Council.
You will not be asked to sell anything! We are extremely fortunate to have 2 separate, dedicated groups of amazing parents. One is dedicated to fundraising and is, of course, always willing to accept more help but our School Council meets monthly. If you choose to attend, you have an opportunity to hear what’s happening at our school, speak with our Trustees and administration and have input into our school. Consider attending a meeting in the future 🙂 Our first meeting of the year is Thursday, Sept 20th at 6:00 p.m. at Woodhaven Middle School. Dates for further meetings are posted on our school sign board, our website and information comes home monthly regarding these meetings.
We are excited that you have joined our learning community and look forward to spending time with your and your child. Please come in and introduce yourself. We would love to meet you!
Mr. S. Patras
Principal, Woodhaven Middle School