Hello again parents/guardians,
I want to continue to connect with you to ensure that you are aware of the planning that is currently underway within our school community, and also to encourage you to please reach out with any questions that you might have as we prepare for a return to school in the upcoming weeks. We recognize that some of our students will be returning in person, while others will be accessing one of the on-line options available through PSD. Please feel free to reach out with questions regardless of which group your children fall into. We are here to help!
I am hopeful that you were able to take a few minutes to read my previous post, Updates from Ecole Meridian Heights School where I shared some of the plans in place at Ecole Meridian Heights School around how we intend to work with you and our children to Promote Healthy Hygiene Practices. Today’s message is intended to provide you with information on what Enhanced Cleaning and Disinfecting will look like at Ecole Meridian Heights School. While I can’t cover everything that will be in place, please read on for some of the highlights in our particular context.
Enhanced Cleaning and Disinfecting
- Custodians and Administration Working Together – I will be working closely with our head custodian, Ms. Jackie Hyde, to ensure that we are cleaning those frequently touched surfaces as often as possible. Things like door handles, water faucets, the handrails going downstairs etc. We will be establishing procedures to ensure that sanitizers are available throughout our school as required, in addition to many other protocols to support our staff and students.
- Vending Machines – In order to allow Ms. Hyde to focus her work on the most important areas, we will not be using the vending machines to start the school year. We will ensure that parents and students are informed if/when we reopen these machines. Thank you for your understanding in this regard.
- Opening Doors, Windows etc. – where possible, we will be opening both interior and exterior classroom doors to reduce the need for students to touch the doorknobs and to increase air flow within the classrooms. We are fortunate that some of our classrooms have windows as well as others having exterior doors that can be opened.
- Cleaning and Disinfecting within the Classroom – each classroom will be provided with a cleaning/disinfecting product that is safe for student and staff use. Students will be asked to clean common surfaces such as a chromebook before and after they use it. For example, teachers may spray the keyboard and screen and provide students paper towel to wipe the surfaces.
- Soft Surfaces and other Difficult to Clean Items – these items, such as cloth furniture, stuffed animals (in lower grades), reading carpets etc. have been removed from all classrooms at this time.
While these are only some of the measures we are taking at Ecole Meridian Heights School with respect to Enhanced Cleaning and Disinfecting, I am hopeful that this provides a bit more information to each of our families. Should you have any further questions in this regard, please do not hesitate to reach out to me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling the school.
Watch for more information coming soon!